Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PA Fire stations
Williamsport, PA Engine 4. Still active as far as I know.

Attached Files Image(s)

Williamsport, PA, former Engine 6. Long ago closed and was last a day care center.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='HIT6' date='09 June 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1276118321' post='386341']

Williamsport, PA Engine 4. Still active as far as I know.

[/quote]

This station was closed around 1998, used to store a reserve engine, but I don't think it is even being used for that anymore.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='truck1882' date='12 June 2010 - 07:39 AM' timestamp='1276341594' post='386876']

This station was closed around 1998, used to store a reserve engine, but I don't think it is even being used for that anymore.

[/quote]

Thanks Darin. These photos were taken around '96 or '97. I went to school at Williamsport Hospital in '86, at that time Williamsport Fire Bureau ran E1, T1, R1 and a Platoon Chief out of Station 1. E3 1 ran from the small station near the Baseball Stadium on the west side and E4 1 ran from this house. Do you know how many Firehouses/Companies WFB had at it's height? I would guess during the 40's, 50's and 60's? Thanks.
I don't have a lot of details on Williamsport. Here is some info I have found in research at the Library in Williamsport.

Williamsport Darktown Fire Brigade f 18 Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Hibernia Fire Co. #3 f 10-2-1869 Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Independent Fire Co. #1 f 1856 Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Keystone Hook & Ladder #1 f 18 Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Liberty Fire Co. #4 f 18 Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Neptune Fire Co. #2 f 1856 Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Rescue Fire Co. #1 f 1856 Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Safety Fire Co. f 18 Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Washington Fire Co. #2 f 1856 Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Williamsport Bureau of Fire f 1874 440 Walnut Street, Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Williamsport Bureau of Fire Market & Vernon Streets, Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Williamsport Bureau of Fire - Station 2-1 235 West Street, Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Williamsport Bureau of Fire - Station 3 2nd & Campbell Streets, Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Williamsport Bureau of Fire - Station 3-1 Reighard & Central Streets, Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Williamsport Bureau of Fire - Station 3-1 Fourth & Oliver Streets, Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Williamsport Bureau of Fire - Station 4-1 Sheridan Avenue & Almond Street, Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Williamsport Bureau of Fire - Station 5 Federal Avenue, Williamsport, 17701

Williamsport Williamsport Bureau of Fire - Station 6 Blaine Avenue & Cemetary Street, Williamsport, 17701
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Thanks Darin, I remember seeing the old Firehouse 5 on Federal Av. when I was riding Ambulance 1 during Paramedic training in '86. During my visit in '97 or '98 Engine 3 1 was running out of the Reighard St. firehouse, unfortunatly I didn't get any photos of that house or the former Engine 3 1 at Fourth and Oliver. Thanks again.
One of the most remote vfds in southern PA; the CVTVFD is located in Centerville,Bedford Co. on US220 midway between Bedford and Cumberland,MD.VFD formed in 1980, station built in 1985, replaced a converted garage in Centerville's "downtown".

Pic 2 is 1 of CVTVFD's unique used engines.

WW Jenkins images

Attached Files Image(s)

Another "remote" PA vfd is the New Baltimore VFD in Somerset County. Although the Penn Turnpike cuts thru the town, there is no exit. This very small town is about 4 miles east of the Allegheny Tunnels, between Bedford and Somerset.

WW Jenkins image

[quote name='HIT6' date='28 June 2010 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1277730788' post='389476']

Thanks Darin, I remember seeing the old Firehouse 5 on Federal Av. when I was riding Ambulance 1 during Paramedic training in '86. During my visit in '97 or '98 Engine 3 1 was running out of the Reighard St. firehouse, unfortunatly I didn't get any photos of that house or the former Engine 3 1 at Fourth and Oliver. Thanks again.

[/quote]

A brand new rinkle to the Williamsport Buearu of Fire. Williamsport was operating out of station 1 with Tower 1 and Engine 1, and reserve engine 2-1, and Old Lycoming Fire Co Station 14 with Engine 14-1. They just signed an agreement with Loyalsock Fire Dept, inwhich WBF will provide 2 men to man Engine 18 whenever they have 8 men on duty. I don't know how often this will happen, but there will be times now when there will be a staffed engine at station 18.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
McConnellsburg VFD, Fulton Co.,PA.

1 of 3 vfds in county

new station built in 2007.

WW Jenkins image

McConnellsburg's former station, now houses EMS Division and the antique fleet.

WW Jenkins image

Ahh I see you were in town lately Doc.

Did you take any other pics from around the area ie St Thomas's new tanker?
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Bedford Fire Dept, Bedford County

[Image: DSC_5026.jpg]

1 of Bedford Fire Dept's stations, the other building is 1 house over from this. 2 buldings with a house in between them.

[Image: DSC_5025.jpg]
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[Image: DSC_5019.jpg]

Central City, Somerset County

[Image: DSC_5017.jpg]

Stoystown, Somerset County

[Image: DSC_5016.jpg]

Listie Fire Co, Somerset County
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[Image: DSC_4999.jpg]

Shanksville, Somerset County

[Image: DSC_4996.jpg]

Somerset Fire Dept, Somerset County
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
The home my Hahn came from, Kratzerville, Snyder County

[Image: DSC_4980.jpg]
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[Image: WarriorRunStation9.jpg]

Warrior Run Area Fire Dept - Watsontown, Northumberland County, Union County Dispatched Station 9
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[Image: Miltonian-Milton.jpg]

Miltonian Fire Co - Milton Fire Dept, Northumberland County, Closed when Dept merged, restored and I believe will be a museum for Milton FD.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[Image: GouglersvilleStation1.jpg]

Gouglersville Fire Co - Berks County
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[Image: Sta3-1WBFIndPark.jpg]

Williamsport Fire Dept Ex- Station 3, Reighard Avenue, Just off Reach Road industrial park. As far as I know WEMA, and the regional FEMA truck is stationed here.

[Image: Sta1WBFHeadquarters.jpg]

Williamsport City Fire Dept Headquarters
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA