Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis Metro
Quote:Just go through some of the STL Fire Scene photos. you will find plenty. Also, if you have FaceySpacey, like FirstAlarmphotos Stl  and you'll get your fill.

The EGH is fine, until the hosebed gets stuck and you have to have a forklift push the bed back in. Or you have to drive to the shop with the hosebed sticking out. Also sometimes takes literally minutes for the hosebed to extend and lower and then to raise and retract.
Thank you very much STLFire2494!!!
dose any body from st louis mo  know when webster groves new ladder truck will be in?

The Webster Grove rig looked like it was probably 3 weeks from completion at the Rosenbauer Minnesota factory when I was there last week.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
thank you, did you get any pictures?

I'm afraid not, it was parked in a bay that wasn't really conducive to photos.  It did look good, however.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
What is the story with Pattonville Fire's Headquarters (Station 1)? Drove by today while I was working and the house looks to be empty.

Quote:What is the story with Pattonville Fire's Headquarters (Station 1)? Drove by today while I was working and the house looks to be empty.

Pattonville relocated the engine house. That was actually house 3, it is now farther south on HWY 141, South of I70, across from the Verizon Wireless Amplitheater. It opened up late summer of last year. I just read that their HQ is in a temp building while renovations are done. I believe they still use the building at Hwy141 and St Charles Rock Road as HQ.
Thanks for the reply Phil. Just my opinion, but they have some of the best looking apparatus around.

Photo 
A friend of mine on Facebook posted this of the old Gardenvillle Volunteer Fire Protection District. This was taken in the Late 50's to early 60's

[Image: GARDENVILLE%20FIRE%20PROTECTION%20DIST%2...0001-L.jpg]
Dave