Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Train Photography
Not really the best shot but this is Waldwick Yard. The 20-25 pieces of track equipment that passed by us in Ho-Ho-Kus are tying up in the yard for the night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next we moved down to Laurel Interlocking in Secaucus, NJ where the NJT Main Line and recently realigned NJT Bergen County Lines meet. From Laurel they stop at the new Secaucus station and then into Hoboken, NJ. This is NJT Train #66 from Port Jervis, NY coming off the Bergen County Line into Laurel Interlocking. That is the Upper Hack Drawbridge on the NJT Main Line visible over the cab car. Even though it's technically a lift bridge I've always heard it called a drawbridge, even in the dispatchers office.

And here is Train #66 going through Laurel Interlocking. Secaucus station is just ahead, out of view of the camera.

Here's NJT Train #1625 heading west through Laurel Interlocking. She'll head west up the Bergen County Line, and since she's a 1600-series numbered train, she'll then head up the Pascack Valley Line to Spring Valley, NY.

Now some action on the Main Line side of Laurel. Here is NJT Train #1311 heading up the Main Line from Laurel. It's about to enter the Upper Hack Drawbridge.

NJT Train X-120, returning empty to Hoboken for the afternoon rush, coming east off the Main Line and entering Laurel.

We wrapped up the day chasing the NYS&W. Their daily westbound general freight, SU-99 had 4 or 5 pure 'yellowjacket' units but by the time we caught up to the train it was too dark for photography. I did happen to catch this unique grade crossing signal at the NYS&W yard at Passaic Jct. The signal head with the 'CC' nameplate under it is to keep the train crew informed as to the status of the center circuit of the grade crossing signals as they switch the yard. I thought it was interesting so I took the shot...

Housatonic RR down in Canaan, CT with a couple of their engines getting some mainatenace last Saturday.

Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
You would think since the Housatonic RR runs literally through my backyard I would have a better shot then this... Took this on the road in Pittsfield, MA the other night... The front engine is the same one pictured above in Ed's shot...

I'm almost embarrassed to post this as it was taken from a moving car...

Sam S.
Firepics.net Moderator

Patrolman
Great Barrington Police Dept.
[quote name='The Commish' post='62358' date='Dec 28 2006, 22:09 ']Try Again[/quote]

OOPS
SPITA--ENGINE CO. 5

"Da Beast From Da East"

City of Lynn Fire Dept

Sin City, Mass

"It is in the shelter of each other that we Brothers may live"
Here is my favorite place to go, The Strasburg Railroad in Strasburg PA. It is the oldest shortline railroad in North American chartered back in 1832. Today Strasburg has 5 operting steam locomotives, and one of the largest wooden passinger car fleet in the world

1- 0-6-0T Ex BEDT # 15( Now Thomas)

31-0-6-0 EX Canandian National

89- 2-6-0 EX Canandian National

90- 2-10-0 EX Great Western

475 4-8-0 EX Norfolk And Western

972 4-6-0 EX Canandian Pacfic ( being restored)

1187 0-4-0C EX Reading( being restored)
Up first is 31

[Image: blah_025_759x569-1-.jpg]
Annual Friday afternoon 'last train in' at Winchester, VA. As seen while pohtographing rigs as they line up for the parade.

Here's the info on the RR:

The Winchester and Potomac Railroad (W & P) was the first railroad in Winchester, VA. It was chartered by the Virginia General Assembly in 1831 and ran from Harper’s Ferry to Winchester. The original train stopped at the corner of Water and Market Streets. In March 1862, the United States Army seized the railroad. In 1866, when the Winchester and Potomac was returned to the owners, they decided to lease the right-of-way to the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad (B & O). In 1902, through a third party, the W & P was acquired by the B & O.

from [url="http://www.hrl.lib.state.va.us/Handley/Archives/W%20and%20P%20RR%201473.htm"]http://www.hrl.lib.state.va.us/Handley/Arc...20RR%201473.htm[/url]

All the cars are from Canada and some of them have interesting graffiti.

CSX Engine 6000 pulls in the train then backs the consist into a siding, then moves ahead again to park and lock for the weekend.

Phil, Bklyn.

Attached Files Image(s)

I went to Strasburg again the other day here is a few I took

[Image: PA9331.jpg]

[Image: STR12.jpg]

Assistant Chief <br/>Adam Ebersole
Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
[Image: tenders.jpg]

[Image: GWE90-2-1.jpg]

Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
[Image: GWE90-1-1.jpg]

[Image: GWE90-3-1.jpg]

Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
[Image: GWE90-4-1.jpg]

[Image: GWE90-5.jpg]

Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
[Image: GWE90-6.jpg]

[Image: GWE90-7.jpg]

[Image: GWE90.jpg]

Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
[quote name='englt542' post='110920' date='May 22 2007, 15:05 '][Image: GWE90-6.jpg]

[Image: GWE90-7.jpg]

[Image: GWE90.jpg][/quote]

Nice pics and nice to include that stationary siren mounted atop a pole even if it does look like the type used as warning for one of the nearby nuclear plants.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
For being a Volunteer Conductor/Trainman at our local Railroad Museum, I certainly don't have much of a train photography collection to show it.

Here's one recent picture, though, from over the Memorial Day Weekend of passengers boarding Amtrak's Northbound Pacific Surfliner at Fullerton Station in Fullerton, California.