Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maryland photo's
[quote name='Dr. Stinebaugh' post='281615' date='Feb 13 2009, 20:16 ']To really confuse things, FFD had a 3rd Seagrave open-cab engine, a 1960 K-model 1000/300 bought from Takoma Park,MD. in 1977. It lasted until 1988, and then died a slow death by neglect.

This is a photo of it in 1965 with Takoma Park.

Bob Washburn photo, Jenkins collection[/quote]

When Frostburg had it in the early 80's

J. Mogush photo, Jenkins collection

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

For almost 10 years, this old warrior sat on the side of U.S. RT. 40 between LaVale and Frostburg, rotting away while the motel that owned it also rotted. It was deemed an eyesore by 1998, and hauled off to a "salvage yard" in nearby Cumberland, MD.

Warren Jenkins photo

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='rawhitejr' post='281308' date='Feb 12 2009, 17:20 ']Did Minquadale FC have more than 1 hahn? I found a pic which is said to be X-Minquadale. Credit to the photographer[/quote]

I would say yes (5). That international Hahn was an open cab first!
Frostburg FD also had 2 Seagrave ladders, the first was bought in 1964 from a equipment dealer.

The 1940 65' Aerial was originally Gloucester City, NJ (Serial# A6265)

Jenkins collection

Replaced in 1981 by this Seagrave WR 100' RM, shown here in its original all-red scheme.

A. Jenkins photo

Attached Files Image(s)

By 1993, the 81 Seagrave aerial had a white roof and upper cab to match the newer FFD units. It served until 2004, and was sold to a dealer for parts.

Warren Jenkins photo

Any OC classics?
Annapolis Independent Co. 37

1951 ALF 700 Series

1000GPM/500GWT

SERIAL #L4348 MODEL 710-PJO

ALF Factory photo

1948 Mack Type 45 E-323 500/400

from Community Fire Company Linthicum Heights Co. 32

Attached Files Image(s)

The F L Anderson Company produced about 55 pieces of apparatus between 1939 and 1964 in addition to selling Maxim.

The Anderson units included brush trucks, midship and front mount pumpers, rescues, tankers and even a airport crash truck as well as a few rehabs. Deliveries went mainly to Maryland, but there were some to VA and PA.

[/quote]

The Neck District VFC of Hudson, Dorchester Co., still has 2 F.L. Anderson rigs, the oldest being this 1952 GMC 500/700 bumper pumper.

1992 photo by J.D.Floyd, Jenkins collection

The other is this nice compact 1964 GMC 500/250 "mini-bumper pumper".

J.D.Floyd photo, Jenkins collection

[quote name='Dr. Stinebaugh' post='126370' date='Jul 6 2007, 21:01 ']AACo. Trk. 31 was this 1976 Mack CF/Maxim/American Eagle 100' Maxim TDA[/quote]

This piece was sitting in a junkyard in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania on Route 309, back when I posted a photo of it in the "relics" thread (along with ex FDNY Rescue 4, an ex-Philly rearmount Seagrave, and some other units.....) This piece disappeared from view (from Rt 309) over a year ago. I understand that it may have been dismantled and scrapped. Additonally, I understand it may originally have been a Hamerly, or at least refurbed at one point by Hamerly. Can anyone confirm or deny that?
[quote name='1958 F.W.D.' post='282194' date='Feb 15 2009, 20:28 ']This piece was sitting in a junkyard in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania on Route 309, back when I posted a photo of it in the "relics" thread (along with ex FDNY Rescue 4, an ex-Philly rearmount Seagrave, and some other units.....) This piece disappeared from view (from Rt 309) over a year ago. I understand that it may have been dismantled and scrapped. Additonally, I understand it may originally have been a Hamerly, or at least refurbed at one point by Hamerly. Can anyone confirm or deny that?[/quote]

My roster data indicates that it was built by Hamerly with a Maxim aerial, and the A-Eagle rehab was in 1989, probably because of the Hamerly bodywork rusting out?
[quote name='Dr. Stinebaugh' post='282182' date='Feb 15 2009, 20:00 ']The F L Anderson Company produced about 55 pieces of apparatus between 1939 and 1964 in addition to selling Maxim.

The Anderson units included brush trucks, midship and front mount pumpers, rescues, tankers and even a airport crash truck as well as a few rehabs. Deliveries went mainly to Maryland, but there were some to VA and PA.

The Neck District VFC of Hudson, Dorchester Co., still has 2 F.L. Anderson rigs, the oldest being this 1952 GMC 500/700 bumper pumper.

1992 photo by J.D.Floyd, Jenkins collection[/quote]

As of Fall 2008 when I visited Neck District. Neither FL Anderson piece in still their. I know they said one of them was owned by a member (dont recall which piece) and the other is gone to unkn location/demise.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Lombardee Beach VFD E-162

1958 Pirsch 750/500

Glenn Culbert Co. photo

Jessup VFD Co. 29

1948 Available/Oren 750

Quote:As of Fall 2008 when I visited Neck District. Neither FL Anderson piece in still their. I know they said one of them was owned by a member (dont recall which piece) and the other is gone to unkn location/demise.

Dr S, Tim

Back in June 2007, I being friends with the "Mayor of Hudson" (LOL) attended a rather jovial wedding at "the Neck". At the time, the '64 GMC brush pumper was in the back bays stripped to the frame and body and being restored. As I was told it was the favorite of the company. They last year added a new I believe GMC pick-up brush so I am wondering if their '01 International 4-Guys bumper pumper is still around. It was then Brush 31 but has been E332, E32 E31-2 as oper that county's varied numbering systems.

Rusty ol' Ed Freen
[quote name='Ed Freen' post='282334' date='Feb 16 2009, 09:27 ']Dr S, Tim

Back in June 2007, I being friends with the "Mayor of Hudson" (LOL) attended a rather jovial wedding at "the Neck". At the time, the '64 GMC brush pumper was in the back bays stripped to the frame and body and being restored. As I was told it was the favorite of the company. They last year added a new I believe GMC pick-up brush so I am wondering if their '01 International 4-Guys bumper pumper is still around. It was then Brush 31 but has been E332, E32 E31-2 as oper that county's varied numbering systems.

Rusty ol' Ed Freen[/quote]

When I was their last fall. They had:

Ambo

Freightliner Eng

Tanker 31-1 ex Bryans Roads

Tanker 31-2 GMC

Brush Rescue 31-1 01 International

Brush 31-2 & ATV31-1 both of which were 2008 Units.

and all that had the firehouse filled.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Engine 151 in Burtonsville was a 1986 Seagrave HB, 1500 gpm/ 750 water/ 60 foam. Juergen Kiefer photo

Engine 152 in Burtonsville was a 1972 Hahn HCP 12, 1250 gpm/ 500 water, 1987 Hahn rehab. Juergen Kiefer photo