Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aviation Photos - Post your "AirPics" here!
[quote name='Bill Wall' post='136088' date='Aug 2 2007, 09:53 ']Ted , I don't believe so.I took that photo at the 2007 Tyndall AFB Gulf Coast Salute back in March. I copied this off their website USAF QF-4 Phantom II

The 53rd Weapons Evaluation Group (WEG), located at Tyndall AFB, is comprised of five squadrons and two Detachments. One of the most famous aircraft assigned to the squadron is the QF-4 Phantom II. The QF-4 is an F-4 fighter that has been converted into a drone to resemble enemy aircraft. As part of the USAF Heritage Flight program, QF-4s at Holloman AFB and Tyndall AFB have been restored to piloted service and now join active duty front line aircraft and other Air Force vintage aircraft as part of the USAF Heritage Flight at numerous locations across North America............................Bill[/quote]

okie dokie that 'splains it! Thanks for the info
-Ted Pendergast

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

11/25/2012 Update: Photos added - Leominster MA 5th Alarm. -- YouTube channel firstduephotos - Follow me on Twitter: @firstduephotos
[url="http://www.firstduephotos.com"][Image: 80832888-L.jpg][/url]