Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1964 International/Howe ex-National Park Service
Here is my latest aquisition. As the title says, it is a 1964 International Harvester/Howe. Has a 250 GPM PTO pump and if memory serves a 100 gallon tank. The story I am told from the seller is it belonged to the Everglades National Park. I give this some creedence due to a government ID number being inside the glove box and the hard suction ends are engraved "NPS". He purchased it approx 10 years ago in excellent condition then let it sit outside for 6 years before building a warehouse sized garage. He moved the truck inside and let it sit another 4 years when he decided to sell it. I purchased it to add to my fleet because of its unique nature. The truck didn't run when purchased, the carb wasn't even installed on the engine. I have since got it running but the brake system is shot from sitting so long. New front wheel cylinders and shoes have been installed and new brake lines all around and rear wheel cylinders and shoes are next. Once it is mechanically sound then the rust repair and paint will happen as time and money allow.

If anyone here has any other pics of her or info based on the registration number I certainly would appreciate it.

[Image: P1010009_zpsa4584ece.jpg]

[Image: P1010008_zps151ad542.jpg]

[Image: P1010007_zpsbcbe8782.jpg]