Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maryland Firefighter Flea Market
I am brainstorming ideas for some fund raising and am entertaining the idea of having a flea market day for new and used fire equipment / memoriabilia. I am looking for anyone who has items they want to sell or anyone who can pass on my info to anyone who does. This is also gonna be open to departments who have old equipment they want to sell. Also , any department that has lots of excess department shirts/hats/ etc that they want to sell we need these vendors also. Email me at BGreen@Leitersburgfire.org

Quote:I am brainstorming ideas for some fund raising and am entertaining the idea of having a flea market day for new and used fire equipment / memoriabilia. I am looking for anyone who has items they want to sell or anyone who can pass on my info to anyone who does. This is also gonna be open to departments who have old equipment they want to sell. Also , any department that has lots of excess department shirts/hats/ etc that they want to sell we need these vendors also. Email me at BGreen@Leitersburgfire.org

One thing to remember is to publicize, publicize, publicize after a date is set that doesn't conflict with anything else in your region.    A fire company close to my town here in the north Jersey suburbs began a firematic flea market 20 some years ago in the bays and social hall of their firehouse, with it soon outgrowing it and so for a lot of years they've had it at a local school where the street can be closed off for equipment displays.   It is in fact the main fund raiser for West Paterson FD's Rifle Camp Engine Co. 3 of Woodland Park NJ.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]