Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raleigh Tiller disposal
I know some time ago that the rolled over Tiller from Raleigh was sold online for next to nothing. I don't remember ever hearing who bought it, however. Today, while playing around with Google Maps, I was "cruising" around Rosenbauer Aerials and noticed a trailer sitting out back. It looks very similar to the Raleigh trailer. Can anyone confirm if Rosenbauer bought it?

The address is 870 South Broad St, Fremont, NE, 68025 and as I said, you have to scroll back to the East side of the building and face N/W near the "we buy junk" sign.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Trav, this very well could be. At one time, Carco in Rice MN bought it as they often rebuild and sell wrecked fire trucks. They then tried to sell it on ebay but the last time I stopped through the cab was there but the trailer was not.

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
This adds on to the mystery, pictured at Rosenbauer is the trailer only, and no cab.
I live a few miles from Fremont and will take a drive by the plant this week to see if it is still there. It was sitting behind the plant in September, but I can't remember if it was there in December when I last drove by looking for signs of the Chicago snorkels.
If you zoom in on Google Maps Street View, it's a little blurry, but it sure looks like it's the Raleigh TDA trailer.  Interesting way to do some R&D on a competitor.  

I drove by the plant this afternoon. The Raleigh TDA trailer is no longer there. 
Bryce, I was thinking the same in regards to R&D...

Thank you for driving by and checking it out, I suppose the only way we'll know is if someone actually saw it.

Trav!

Quote:Bryce, I was thinking the same in regards to R&D...

Thank you for driving by and checking it out, I suppose the only way we'll know is if someone actually saw it.

Trav!

I'm almost certain it was the Raleigh tiller. When I saw it in September, I photographed it from the street with my phone and compared it to photos of the Raleigh rig. Looked like an exact match.