Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMEAL FIRE APPARATUS CO. APPOINTS REDSTORM FIRE & RESCUE APPARATUS AS DEALER IN MID-ATLANTIC STATES

SNYDER, NEB. (February 13, 2014) – Smeal Fire Apparatus Co. today announced that RedStorm Fire & Rescue Apparatus, Inc. has been named the<span> authorized sales and service dealer for Smeal® brand fire apparatus in northern and eastern Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia. RedStorm has offices in Gainesville, Virginia, and Baltimore, Maryland.

“RedStorm has developed a reputation for offering the highest quality apparatus, exceptional customer service and for helping departments customize fire apparatus configurations. This makes them an excellent choice to grow and expand our presence in this region,” said Mark Huber, Smeal’s president. “Smeal is always working to enhance our products, service and distribution, and bringing RedStorm on board is a major step forward.”

RedStorm has been in the fire and emergency industry since 2010, specializing in emergency vehicle sales, including fire apparatus and ambulances. It is led by James Featherstone, lifelong firefighter, former volunteer chief and fire industry professional for more than 20 years. </span>

RedStorm will continue to also represent CustomFIRE, US Tanker, and Demers ambulances as well.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
I was about to say doesn't this conflict their relationship with CustomFIRE, I know the KME dealer in SC just bought FES and that raised some eyes
There's been a long-standing relationship between Smeal and CustomFire, so I have a feeling this was blessed between everyone involved.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:There's been a long-standing relationship between Smeal and CustomFire, so I have a feeling this was blessed between everyone involved.

Custom Fire actually sells Smeal in their area for an aerial line.  If you also look on Custom's site they have a Smeal demo commercial pumper listed.

http://www.customfire.com/details.php?id=254
CustomFire also does Smeal's S/S bodies