Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami-Dade new Rosenbauer commander pumper's
Miami-Dade finally in production for (31) new Rosenbauer commander pumper's, first one presently on the line going to E-12 (MIA).

What's the estimated timeframe for delivery of all 31?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
First one due around june/july then to follow with (2) per month I think sept./oct.

2 per month? Isint that kinda slow for an our of that size? Other companies can crank that order out in 6 months flat imo.
Quote:2 per month? Isint that kinda slow for an our of that size? Other companies can crank that order out in 6 months flat imo.

31 pieces over 6 months would equal just over one per week, which would be a lot for any factory to deliver for a single customer.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:2 per month? Isint that kinda slow for an our of that size? Other companies can crank that order out in 6 months flat imo.
Perhaps Miami-Dade wants them at that pace? 
Could it be a multi-year order?

First of (5) due in sept. and followed with (5) per month for a total of (31) pumpers.

Anyone have any input on the quality of the commander chassis ?

I've seen a few videos of it on youtube and compared to Spartan's chassis, I wasn't too impressed. I'm most probably wrong, but that was my impression.

We have one at my volunteer house.  There's some Spartan influence on the design, which makes sense, as the president of Rosenbauer Motors was once the president of Spartan.

I'm in my 14th year of specifying and purchasing apparatus, and I put the Commander up against any of the other "big name" chassis out there.

I think one thing that turns off some people about the design when they look at it is the console on top of the engine tunnel.  Although it's a bit unconventional, it makes accessory installation, repair, maintenance, and removal a breeze, as well as adding new features in the future.

Pros on the chassis (in no particular order):
  • Visibility
  • Headroom, especially with the raised roof
  • Quiet interior
  • Floor space and rear legroom
  • Design and height of the engine tunnel allow maximum hip room
  • Good fit-and-finish
  • ARMA coating on the interior is very durable but still not abrasive on the skin
  • 3/16" aluminum cab construction
  • Huge number of factory options to allow a lot of customization to meet customer's needs

Cons:
  • Massive A-post can make checking for cross-traffic difficult
  • Sloped-raised-roof design doesn't look traditional (many people hate this, I could care less)
  • Steering column sits about 1/2" to the center of the driver's seat
These are the things I can think about off the top of my head...I'm sure I can come up with others given enough time.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA