Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 FH Expo Apparatus
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Quote:That MVP demo is going to go to someone cheap, and it was already at a good price, assuming it's the same one that was at FDIC, as it has to have a ton of miles on it by now. This is either the same one, or they built more than 1 exactly like it, the difference being the small LEDs on the roof were Red lenses on the demo at FDIC.
AS well as the Pumper from Anne Arundel County, It appeared at FDIC, TRhe Harrisburg Show,Ocean City, & Now FH Expo, hopefully it will go in service after this show. The County purchased 3 of them. The other 2 have been in service for about a month now.
Check out Md. Fire Apparatus @ MarylandFiretrucks.smugmug.com
Seems Fire House Expo has lost a lot of it's clout, seems that participation and interest drops every year,

Very little apparatus and vendors; it gets smaller every year. Time to move it to a new city.
As much as I try to remain positive, I have to say that I was terribly disappointed in the Firehouse Expo this year.  It's a fraction of what it once was.  As someone said, time for a new city and venue.

That being said, the SAFRE in Raleigh, NC seems to be picking up size and popularity each year.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Harrisburg is supposed to be a heck of a show from what I hear as well

Harrisburg is THE show for apparatus enthusiasts.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Harrisburg, although getting smaller each year, is still the best one around in my opinion. I think firehouse expo is only a few short years away from not existing at all.
Quote:As much as I try to remain positive, I have to say that I was terribly disappointed in the Firehouse Expo this year.  It's a fraction of what it once was.  As someone said, time for a new city and venue.

That being said, the SAFRE in Raleigh, NC seems to be picking up size and popularity each year.
Agreed. I went to SAFRE last year and was quite impressed. I quit going to Firehouse Expo a few years ago because it was just a waste of gas. Sad because it used to be great but the costs keep many vendors away.