Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini pumpers
Hello all. My department is looking into the possibility of purchasing a mini pumper to replace our light rescue and our water supply rig. What I am looking for are all around photos (all sides, compartments, and basic specs if possible) of mini pumpers that run similar to what we intend (motor vehicle crashes, water supply, first due on tight areas, towing a boat). I would like to see what's out there so we don't overlook something in specification process. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
What size pump / tank do you require for water supply / fire attack?

I've seen quite a few departments using type 6 brush engines to do double duty as light rescues, dive team support and such but the pump may be less than you need (typically 50-100 gpm) for the water supply / fire attack job.

Aaron Woods
Correct Aaron, we are looking into the 1,500 gpm range for a pump. We have a single spec in now, and are looking at others, but it looks like only one manufacturer will go that high, 1,250 sounds like the next biggest. My biggest thing is, seeing what others carry, how, and why. I would rather figure out where/how to store everything needed now and not after we take delivery and have to fight for the funding to buy equipment/mounts or find out we don't have the room.