Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bronto Back to E-One
http://www.e-one.com/about/news/e-one-en...to-skylift
E\-One®, Inc., a leader in first responder apparatus, has entered into an agreement with Bronto Skylift Oy Ab of Tampere, Finland ("Bronto"), to be the exclusive distributor of Bronto Skylift® RLPs in the United States and Canada. Bronto parts and service for firefighting applications will also be made available exclusively through E\-One’s independent dealer network.

“Having sold more than 100 Bronto devices in North America since 2000, E\-One understands the unique opportunities this world-renowned articulating aerial platform affords departments,” said Jay Johnson, Vice President of Sales and Product Management for E\-One. “We are excited to renew this relationship with Bronto and look forward to utilizing our vast experience with this product as well as our knowledgeable dealer network to meet the needs of customers.”

“North American customers are familiar with both E\-One and Bronto and of their strong commitments to quality” said Esa Peltola, Bronto’s Managing Director.  “We are looking forward to adding to that reputation with our range of joint products.”

The E\-One Bronto Skylift product range will include the RLP 100, 114, 134, F118 HDT-ER, and the new F116 RLP+ articulating aerial platforms. Bronto’s “RLP+” denotes an optional state-of-the-art control system which offers advanced color displays to enhance operator capabilities and features technology to automatically adjust the operating envelope based on the placement of the jacks.

The Bronto devices will be available on E\-One Cyclone® II and Quest® chassis, two of the industry’s most durable custom cabs, with an array of body options to complement the articulating aerial platform’s compact, maneuverable design.

http://rescuevehiclenews.com/e-one-enter...o-skylift/

what happened to company P?

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Didnt Pierce just get the contract to mount them on thier chassis only last year ? I was woundering why I havent seen any Pierce bronto deliveries...
Quote:Didnt Pierce just get the contract to mount them on thier chassis only last year ? I was woundering why I havent seen any pierce bronto deliveries...

It was actually back in March 2011.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
[quote name="Roto-Ray" post="539991" timestamp="1408665762"]

It was actually back in March 2011.[/quote

Hmm... thanks for the correction, I honestly didnt think it was that long ago, so was thier ever any Pierce Brontos delivered that anyone knows of between then and now ?
Ive only seen a few come over their "new deliveries" section, but that doesn't mean more weren't made. If it WAS based off what has appeared on their site, MAYBE 5.

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
I can't think of a new Pierce Bronto in the US.  I think they were all Canadian?  It just seems Pierce didn't have much success with that product (1990s and recently) while E\-One sold the heck out of them.  Think what you want of E\-One, but I could list a much greater number of departments unhappy with Pierce

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY

Ottawa fire's 2008 E\-One was the last of the Bronto's on a E\-One chassis at the time.

This is what I was told anyway.

If I recall correctly, there were two Bronto's sold by Pierce during their most recent relationship with Bronto. One was sold to Atomic Energy and went up into Ontario and the other is actually still in production at Pierce and it is headed to Suncor in Alberta.  They also have a demo that is still on the road.

E\-One had been delivering trucks right up until they were cut off.  I know Spruce Grove, Alberta took delivery right around the time Bronto pulled the line from E\-One.  When this happened, E\-One still had 4-5 spider kits sitting on the ground.  Even after they pulled the line from E\-One, E\-One used the spider kits they had on the ground and delivered three RLP-114's to Tulsa, OK.
City of Québec , 2011 134'

Fort Mc Murray, 2011 134'

DND halifax 2011 114'

Tulsa Ok 3x 114'

Spruce Groove 114'

i think they are last one

And E\-One during this Time never stop to built bronto for some customer arround the world. Arround 15 unit beetween 2011 and 2014
Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada received one in 2009 RLP 114'

Stephen Taylor

Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
I see where Fort Garry Fire Trucks in Winnipeg, Manitoba is advertising that in 2018 they will be the distributor for the Bronto line of vehicles.

Stephen Taylor

Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
https://fgft.com/fort-garry-fire-trucks-...h-america/

Where does E\-One stand on this?

Stephen Taylor

Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
E\-One still in good standing with Bronto product. Delivering Quest/Bronto for Plantation FL soon

Has anyone actually seriously been in the market for an articulating platform and compared the Rosenbauer product vs. the Bronto?  I see at least one or two department that previously ran Brontos switching to Rosenbauer.