Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Busy A.M. for Portland Eng. 30 9-7-14
Engine 30 had just returned from a 1 AM garage fire when they were dispatched to a car

rolled over on NE Weidler St. at 112th Ave. On arrival, they reported 2 occupants had

self-extricated but were injured.

We surmised that the mother of a young boy may have been talking on her cell phone

and ran up onto the sidewalk, hit a protrusion of the stone wall, then hit a tree and

the car rolled over onto its side.

[Image: p284872916-4.jpg]

She would not get off the phone even to be treated.
[Image: p406665713-4.jpg]

Her little boy.
[Image: p72958143-4.jpg]

Eng. 30's crew had a tough time putting a collar on her.
[Image: p85284460-4.jpg]

[Image: p5082718-4.jpg]

They finally got her onto a backboard.
[Image: p279630520-4.jpg]

The car from another angle.
[Image: p310894713-4.jpg]

I always get annoyed with they won't get off their phone long enough for us to help them. Nice shots though.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote:I always get annoyed with they won't get off their phone long enough for us to help them. Nice shots though.

Thanks for sharing.

I forgot to mention she also hit both of those parked cars on the way by. The rear window of the gray car was demolished.
Quote: 

I forgot to mention she also hit both of those parked cars on the way by. The rear window of the gray car was demolished.

All caused by the cell phone... Tisk Tisk.... its great to have the ability to be connected in this world now-a-days, but as we all know, they cause a lot of preventable accidents. She's lucky her kid and herself weren't worse off. 

Thanks for sharing.
Nice pics...looks like they needed a pry bay to remove the phone that was stuck to her ear.  Tisktisk

Greg Muhr

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/'>http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/</a>
Quote:Nice pics...looks like they needed a pry bay to remove the phone that was stuck to her ear.  Tisktisk

One swipe with a Halligan did it.Smile