Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit April Buff Trip
I sorry for posting these late, but here are some highlights from my recent trip to Detroit.  The first fire we caught was a second alarm in a school owned by the Church of God in Christ on Schaefer.  Apparently, someone was trying to steal parts from the AC unit on the roof and started the fire which then spread into the roofing membrane and dropped down to the top floor. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

One more from the second.  Ladder 26 waits for water.

Next was the remnants of a dwelling going throughout on Pitt and Wendell.  Three quarters of the dwelling were on the ground by the time the companies arrived.

From there we went to another dwelling in Southwest Detroit three blocks from Engine 33's quarters on 9149 Witt.  Another dwelling going good.

The following day we caught a few more jobs.  The first was on 725 Whitmore a vacant apartment inside of a block long apartment building.  Not much to see but I managed to get a few outside shots.  Lighting conditions are always tough in Detroit.

Attached Files Image(s)

Earlier in the day we caught a dwelling fire way up in the northwest on Montrose.  Not much to see but a heavy smoke condition.

Later that night we went to a three story dwelling on Stanton with heavy in the rear and extension on all floors.

Attached Files Image(s)

All said and done we caught nine jobs and one pinjob in only four days there.  We had one rain out day as well.  This fire was right on the Detroit and Highland Park line at 340 Woodland.  A three story dwelling that the people were in the process of moving out of.  Hmm

Attached Files Image(s)

One more from Woodland.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lastly, we caught a pin job just before we left the city.  An SUV struck a parked car and rolled over.  Pinning the driver.  Not a bad tour.  The D never disappoints.

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome shots.
Great shots, especially the silhouettes in #5.

Fantastic shots. I always love seeing these hard working brothers on the job up there.

Thanks for sharing. 

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs