Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPAAMFAA convention, Ladder 13 Photo Tour, Aug 1, 2015
I am organizing another Ladder 13 photo tour for Saturday afternoon on August 1.  This is open to any member who would like to join us, just as in past conventions.  The SPAAMFAA parade starts at 0900, and arrives by 1000 at Long Branch Park.  There is plenty of opportunity to see and photograph the many antique apparatus that will be on display, as well as time to check out the various displays and vendors.

The first stop of our afternoon tour is lined up for 1230, and is only a few minutes drive from the muster site!  It will follow the same concept as previous Ladder 13 tours, fast and furious!  We will be going to Baldwinsville Fire Department (3 stations), Belgium Cold Springs Fire Department (2 stations) and Moyers Corners Fire Department (4 stations).  I am working on an evening tour as well to another department with 2 stations, more on that if it pans out.

This is open to anyone who wishes to join us.  We can car pool if needed.  This is a great opportunity to meet fellow apparatus buffs and other members of Firepics!  We have had as many as 15 of us on previous tours representing people from all over the US and Canada.

If you wish to do this tour with us, please let me know so I have an idea on numbers, so I can pass that info on to the fire departments we are visiting.

I might be interested. If so I would likely have to carpool so that the wife could take our car.

Quote:I might be interested. If so I would likely have to carpool so that the wife could take our car.
It would be great to have you with us Mark!
I have only participated in one of your tours but was not disappointed.  You are to be commended for your efforts.  I will be unable to attend again this year, but I wish you all the best of luck and the best of weather!

I have requested that the Chief's office send out a departmental memo notifying all SFD stations & personnel that a large contingent of "Visiting Firemen" will be in town for the SPAAMFAA muster, and that they may expect visitors with cameras at the ready. Hope to see many of you while you're in town.

Quote:I have only participated in one of your tours but was not disappointed.  You are to be commended for your efforts.  I will be unable to attend again this year, but I wish you all the best of luck and the best of weather!
Thanks Dave, I was hoping you would be here again this year!  How's retirement treating you?
Quote:I have requested that the Chief's office send out a departmental memo notifying all SFD stations & personnel that a large contingent of "Visiting Firemen" will be in town for the SPAAMFAA muster, and that they may expect visitors with cameras at the ready. Hope to see many of you while you're in town.
Thanks Chief.
Quote:Thanks Dave, I was hoping you would be here again this year!  How's retirement treating you?
Retirement treats me very well, thanks for asking.  Unfortunately there is no overtime in retirement and that is how I funded my hobbies.  I have had to curtail my traveling a bit, but I am still getting out there some.  I did Florida in March and a couple wet weeks with Jon in April.  The wife has some craft convention in Myrtle Beach in October that will give me four days of shooting that area.  No complaints here!
Quote:Retirement treats me very well, thanks for asking.  Unfortunately there is no overtime in retirement and that is how I funded my hobbies.  I have had to curtail my traveling a bit, but I am still getting out there some.  I did Florida in March and a couple wet weeks with Jon in April.  The wife has some craft convention in Myrtle Beach in October that will give me four days of shooting that area.  No complaints here!
Excellent.  I will be down in Florida inspecting our new hazmat August 17 to August 21.  Hope to catch a few rigs while there!
We had a small group this year, but we had a great time together on our Ladder 13 Tour.  Thanks to Eric Fellows, Pierce Fellows, John Kenealy, Dan Jasina and Mark Bindman for a great day.  We shot 44 rigs on the tour, photos to come shortly!  That doesn't count the 54 rigs that showed up for SPAAMFAA. (at least by my count!)