Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparatus Crash Testing
Guys

What company does the apparatus crash testing? We are looking at apparatus crash info and would like to speak with the company that does the testing.

Thanks in Advance!

Andrew

Cornelius-Lemley Fire Department-Volunteer Captain

Denver Fire Department, NC- Career Lieutenant
Calspan in Buffalo, NY has conducted tests on cab integrity.  There may also be other test laboratories that do or have done tests. 

However the collected data is proprietary information to the manufacturer who paid for the tests.  Test laboratories will not release any information.  Try contacting NHTSA for further information.

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
Pierce and Rosenbauer both do crash tests on their apparatus. I know Rosenbauer will gladly share the info with you....not sure about Pierce.

Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
Thank you, guys!

Cornelius-Lemley Fire Department-Volunteer Captain

Denver Fire Department, NC- Career Lieutenant
Actually all MFG's have done crash testing at some point and time. Most pride that fact an put in in their advertising others you have to ask for it. Some give up that info quick and others take some digging to get it. I have seen personally Seagrave, Pierce, KME, E\-One, and Rosenbauer but nothing on Spartan nor have I really dug any up on them.
The manufacturer's goal is for their apparatus to meet or exceed the ECE-R29 standard.  If their truck performed well, then it's a great advertising / sales feature and the manufacturer's will share the results.    

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.