Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 1974 Ward LaFrance/Young
[quote name='paganores10cue' post='272447' date='Jan 9 2009, 11:19 ']That's not good.

Well I just recently sold the Ward to a cmpany in Philly that purchases vehicles to use in movies. Look for my rig on the big screen.[/quote]

no it wasn't!!! luckily my son had it not me, he had the fire out before the fd got there, i on the other hand (with the limited use of left side from stroke) probably would have had just a frame left. it could have been a lot worse, we take the 66 pretty far.imagine me after parking the 49 ward after the parade watching everyone running, i yelled whats going on, i was told a fire engine is on fire, i looked over to the 49 n sighed breath of fresh air until someone asked where my son was.what a sad site it was, however shes back up and running again/yet
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='paganores10cue' date='09 January 2009 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1231517932' post='272447']

That's not good.

Well I just recently sold the Ward to a cmpany in Philly that purchases vehicles to use in movies. Look for my rig on the big screen.

[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. I just purchased a 73 wlf. Hoping I have better luck.