Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASV buys Marque & McCoy Miller from Thor
Heard this morning that ASV - Allied Specialty Vehicle Group - has purchased Marque & McCoy Miller brands from Thor Industries. This means that ASV in addition to E\-One Fire Trucks now owns 75% of ambulance brands - Horton, Wheeled Coach, Road Rescue, AEV, Leader, McCoy Miller, and Marque. That means 7 votes at AMD meetings ie a lot of clout.

Quite the monopoly they are growing there.  Not a good thing for the customer, either. At some point, I would guess they would consolidate some of the redundant brands.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
http://ir.thorindustries.com/press-relea...fault.aspx

Official press release

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
They will be - unsure of timeline - moving McCoy Miller and Marque production to the Wheeled coach/Road Rescue plant in FL. The sale did not include the manufacturing plant in Elkhart, IN which belonged to Thor, Thor had moved production to thier plant and closed the previous McCoy plant. Feel bad for folks on the floor as I sold Marque prior to Thor buying them. Good folks on the floor.

Just an update. From what I can find out the sale was acutally to Wheeled Coach Industries which is owned by ASV. Not really sure why they did it that way. Also article in Elkhart News about folks losing their jobs as everything being shifted to FL operation. I suspect the Marque brand will eventually go away as McCoy Miller has a stronger name presence.

Not really a fire/ems purchase but ASV just paid Thor $110 million for the bus divisions they owned

wheeled coach is owned by ASV. Also Marque has moved into the plant here in Orange County FL woth several demo units.