Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Maryland VFA Convention Parade
On Solomon's new rides, I noticed the have the Q's flush mounted in the bumper. Just wondering how effective they are mounted that way......

Madison, Wisconsin

Dane County Public Safety Communications

Member--Wisconsin Incident Alert Group : [url="http://groups-beta.google.com/group/WIA"]http://groups-beta.g...e.com/group/WIA[/url]
Quote:Avenue from St. Mary's County bought their restored antique, a Chevrolet/American and Engine 52.

[Image: attachicon.gif]Avenue Antique 655.jpg

[Image: attachicon.gif]Avenue Engine 659.jpg

First off, Nice Photos!

Question about  Engine 52 , the Spartan's grille and headlight assemblies look Seagrave-ish, is there a reason? Just curious.

Thanks!
Quote:First off, Nice Photos!

Question about  Engine 52 , the Spartan's grille and headlight assemblies look Seagrave-ish, is there a reason? Just curious.

Thanks!
 Thank you, MackFDNY, Apparently Custom Fire, the builder of Engine 52 offers a Seagrave Grille Package that you can put into your specifications when ordering from them.
Quote: Thank you, MackFDNY, Apparently Custom Fire, the builder of Engine 52 offers a Seagrave Grille Package that you can put into your specifications when ordering from them.

The way I understood it they asked for it and that's what custom came up with. 
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Quote: Thank you, MackFDNY, Apparently Custom Fire, the builder of Engine 52 offers a Seagrave Grille Package that you can put into your specifications when ordering from them.

Quote: 

The way I understood it they asked for it and that's what custom came up with. 
Thanks Alot!
That Leonardtown Seagrave Pumper Tanker is BAD ASS!!! There is no other way to describe it!!

Willman is correct - this was done especially for the customer, who wanted the front end to mimic a Seagrave.  This isn't really a "standard" offering for CustomFire.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:Willman is correct - this was done especially for the customer, who wanted the front end to mimic a Seagrave.  This isn't really a "standard" offering for CustomFire.
Kind of like telling your wife she is beautiful then asking her to dress up for like your buddy's wife....I like it!
Bay District Volunteer Fire Department 
Rescue Engine 92
2019 Pierce Enforcer 
500-gallon tank

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)