Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a picture for specing purposes
Not sure if this the right topic for this forum but I am looking pictures of apparatus that have hosebeds integrated into the rear step of the truck. We are currently specing a new rig and need some space saving ideas for a cross lay.
Your best bet is to talk with the local sales staff who represent the various fire apparatus manufactures to see how this idea can be worded in your specs, without it being too specific by only one manufactuer, i.e. Pierce does it one way, E\-One does it this way, Rosenbauer does it another way, etc. You have to word it so that all manufactuers can meet or exceed that part of the spec.

I can provide you a couple of photos if you'd like to send me your e-mail address.

A rough idea on how you could spec this:

"Located within the rear bumper shall be a preconnected hoseline.  The tray for the hoseline shall be bumper width, and capable of holding 200' of 2" double jacketed house with 1.75" couplings.  A diamond-plate cover, rated as as NFPA-compliant walking surface, shall be provided over the tray with a means to keep the cover secured in both the open and closed positions.  The plumbing shall be installed to allow for a minimum 200GPM flow.  The bidder shall provide details of their proposed design and installation with their bid."

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
I will post one here.....look under apparatus pics at my thread Adam's Travels...

<sup>actually, look under Fire Service Related topic, it will fit in better there</sup>

cancel that...I can't post images in fire service related, so back to my apparatus thread