Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASA LADEE Launch Wallops Island VA 9-6-13
I was in Ocean City MD for the launch of the NASA's LADEE (Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Envirmonent Explorer).  I set up at the inlet which is about 20-30 miles north as the crow flies.  I was only able to get one long exposure of the launch.  Since this was a last minute trip I was not able to scout out a good location.  I had to rely on my gut feeling for the best location.  I have never seen a launch in person.  There is one less item on my super long bucket list.

[Image: p2043726503-4.jpg]

Blog Post

[url="http://www.craighewitt.com"]www.craighewitt.com[/url]
craig h,

AWESOME SHOT!!, thanks for sharing.  It was well worth waiting up for last night to view the launch.  Could see it clearly from Burtonsville, Md. Thanks again for posting.

Pat L.

Battalion Chief-Howard County Fire Rescue
Great pic! I was on the beach in Avalon NJ and had a great view of it. Very impressive to watch, even from a distance. Scott
that is a great shot!

Good photo!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Thank You for the comments.  I measured the distance from the inlet to Wallops Island.  It is just over 40 miles.

[url="http://www.craighewitt.com"]www.craighewitt.com[/url]
WOW! Great Photo!

Matt

Anne Arundel County, Maryland

My Website: www.bythebayphotos.com
Super nice!

We drive by the Wallops Island NASA facility on our way to Chincoteague Island . . . Often wondered if they still did any launches from there. I guess they sure as hell do! Spectacular photo.
Spent many summers as a kid in Chincoteague Island, VA.................Remember stopping by Wallops Island one year on our way home.    Great picture!

The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06