Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REV Group Buys Ferrara?

Haven't been able to confirm this in print yet, but I'm hearing from several sources the REV Group has purchased Ferrara.

Anyone have further?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I've been hearing the same.  Expect an FDIC announcement.  Anyone know overall unit count where this will put REVG vs. Pierce?

That makes REVG 

KME

Eone

Ferrara

If this is true, it is scary.  Daimler-Chrysler (Freightliner) did a similar thing with buying out brands across the specialty vehicle platform, and it tanked for them big time, taking away many nameplates. 

One company owning three major brands of fire apparatus, seven different ambulance brands, and numerous RV, bus and other vehicle brands, with 28 brands total.  They must have a ton of capital to play with.  They seem to be financially equipped for it, at least It appears so, on their website.

It would also mean they would be a major supplier to FDNY, with KME having the engine contract, and Ferrara having the rearmount ladder contract.

One wonders if they will keep all the fire apparatus brands separate for the long term?
Seth Granville
I've heard that they are going to be buying some individual dealerships as well.

Already bought Hallmark awhile back from what I heard. Also heard rumors of either/and Spartan or Pierce getting back into ambulance side. Again strictly hearsay and pure rumors

Quote:Already bought Hallmark awhile back from what I heard. Also heard rumors of either/and Spartan or Pierce getting back into ambulance side. Again strictly hearsay and pure rumors

Rev did buy Hall-Mark both FL and Texas. They are now REV technical centers.
There are tons of rumors and implications flying around.  This will be an interesting year.  Looking forward to gauging the buzz on the FDIC floor. 

I do think the Freightliner/ALF situation was different.  It was destined to fail and the same guy at the helm left for Seagrave and nearly killed them.  It seems that REV is intent on keeping their brands separate to be able to compete in about any market.  Now, the whole Spartan/Smeal/UST/LTC thing seems a bit muddier.  It will be interesting to see what Ferrara ends up doing for aerials.  I can't imagine Smeal continues to provide Ferrara with aerials. 

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY
Quote:It will be interesting to see what Ferrara ends up doing for aerials.  I can't imagine Smeal continues to provide Ferrara with aerials.
If the REV Group rumor is true, I wonder if they'd have E\-One or KME build the ladders for them.
Seth Granville
I would imagine they would use E\-One ladders.
From what I'm hearing it is a done deal.

Looks like it's being confirmed;

http://www.fireapparatusmagazine.com/art...artus.html

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Through KME and now Ferrara, the REV Group now has the contract for FDNY Engines and Rearmount Trucks.  It's also interesting to note, KME and Ferrara have been the #1 and #2 bidder on several FDNY apparatus contracts over the past couple of years.

Seth Granville
Quote:Through KME and now Ferrara, the REV Group now has the contract for FDNY Engines and Rearmount Trucks.  It's also interesting to note, KME and Ferrara have been the #1 and #2 bidder on several FDNY apparatus contracts over the past couple of years.
I'm wondering though....the Ferrara ladder will not be the same as what they currently have considering they have Smeal built aerials now. I can see this being an issue. There are already customers that recently (within last 2 weeks) signed contracts with Ferrara trying to find out if they can get out of them.
Quote:I'm wondering though....the Ferrara ladder will not be the same as what they currently have considering they have Smeal built aerials now. I can see this being an issue. There are already customers that recently (within last 2 weeks) signed contracts with Ferrara trying to find out if they can get out of them.

I would be shocked if all parties involved wouldn't honor their commitments.  Even after Spartan cut Rosenbauer off when the introduced their own chassi, they still fulfilled a multi-year chassis order for Ft. Worth with Rosenbauer building the bodies, if my memory serves me correctly.  I can't imagine that existing orders wouldn't be fulfilled...
I wonder if they have ever heard of too big to fail before