Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nashville Bound
Hi there,

I am heading to Nashville this weekend March 15/16 to watch the St Louis Blues take on the Predators. I wont be able to do any buffing, but as my ritual, I try to pick up an FD shirt in the big Cities I visit.

Does anyone know of any houses close to the downtown area that sell department or company shirts to the public?

Thanks

Phil

There used to be a guy at Station 9   (2 Engines and a Truck) that is of all things a retired dentist who sold shirts. This Station and Station 1 near the State Capital are what would be considered downtown stations.  I did spend somke time in Nashville but was not able to score a shrit.  Many of the stations are fairly new with good ramps and nice apparatus for photo shoots.

Thanks for the info Maxim! Hopefully I come out lucky

Since I was in the States for the past couple of weeks I haven't checked "my" websites and it is only now I see this topic.

Way too late and I hope you've found what you've been looking for.

Station 2 and 9 are the two "real" downtown stations.

Station 2 was old HQ and is located at 2nd Ave N with Gay Street.

They've an engine, a truck, a rescue, 2 gators and a med unit.

Station 9 is at Lea Ave between 2nd Ave S and 3rd Ave S. This is the busiest house of NFD and it houses District 9, 2 engines, a tiller, a fast car (EMS) and 2 med units.

Station 9 normally have a ton of t shirts (several company and district t shirts, hats, sweaters,...) Every company has access to the t shirts.

The guy who you were talking about, the dentist, is Larry McCown or better known as CL.

Great guy and a walking fire encyclopedia.