Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LAS VEGAS, NV 2ND ALARM APARTMENT COMPLEX FIRE 6-25-2017
For the third time in three days the Clark County and City of Las Vegas responded to multiple alarm fires. The one on Friday went to 3 alarms and the one on Saturday went to 2 alarms and they were both at local recycling plants. I did not make either of these fires being as they were in areas of town that can be hard to get to.

But today with in the space of an hour there were three fires, one in North Las Vegas that came in while I was photographing Las Vegas Fire And Rescue Station 9 (Engine 9 received one of the new Smeals and I was able to a couple of it rolling out of the Station to this fire.) The second was in the County off of Sahara and Maryland Parkway. I was on my way to that one watching the column of thick black smoke, but it dissipated fairly quickly and while I was waiting at a stop light I checked and they were already releasing companies. At this point the third fire came in and I headed for it. I checked and it had been upgraded to a 2nd Alarm.

I could see some smoke but not the volume that I was expecting and by the time I arrived and parked the bulk of the fire had been knocked down. I was able to get a couple of good photos of the members on the roof of the building opening up with smoke showing.

The first shows the crew of Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Truck 8 on the roof. One of the members can be seen laying on the roof checking for fire in the Attic and some smoke coming out of the hole they had just cut.

I submitted this photo and three others to the Las Vegas Review Journal and they picked up three out of four of the photos. I did not get paid for them but at least they were published on the Online Edition of the paper.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/east...ment-fire/

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%20WM%200001-X2.jpg]

Dave
Here is another one of the crew from Truck 8 on the roof of the Apartment Building. 2 units in the building were destroyed and numerous others were damaged and affected.

This photo was also picked up by the Las Vegas Review Journal. Sorry if I am bragging too much this is a big deal for me.

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%20WM%200002-X2.jpg]

Dave
Doing overhaul.

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%20WM%200004-L.jpg]

Dave
I shot this after the members had had their spent bottles removed and as they were getting ready to head to rehab

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%20WM%200003-X2.jpg]

Dave
Moving to another area of the roof. Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Truck 8 Members.

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%20WM%200005-XL.jpg]

Dave
Here is one that I took of one of the Captains walking along the catwalk on the second floor. I ran this through the Silver Efex Pro 2 on Photoshop. I really like to do black and white on fire ground photos when they work out right.

Here is the breakdown of responding units to the fire:

1st Alarm

Engines LVFR 108 and 8, CCFD 27 and 16

Truck CCFD 61

Truck LVFR 8

CBRN 3 (LVFR)

EMS 1 (LVFR)

AR1 (CCFD)

Rescue 61 (CCFD)

Battalion 1 (LVFR)

Battalion 3 (CCFD I believe)

2nd Alarm

LVFR Engine 1, 201, 8, and 4

CCFD Engine 31

LVFR Truck 1

Rescue LVFR 301 and 108

CCFD Battalion 2 (???)

Air 15 (CCFD)

Investigators and PIO from LVFR.

According to the LVFR PIO one person was complaining of Smoke Inhalation but left the scene before one of the Rescue Units arrived on Scene. Engine 201 was in a Spare Quantum instead of their new Smeal and Engine 1 was in a regular Pierce Quantum instead of the Snozzle. The Snozzle is now Engine 3 and as soon as I can get a photo of it I will and will post it here.

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%20WM%200006-XL.jpg]

Dave
Last Photo of the day.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Truck 1 (2013 Pierce Quantum) sitting staged on East Charleston Blvd. They were returned to service shortly after I shot this photo.

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%20WM%200007-X2.jpg]

Dave
CLARK COUNTY FIRE DEPARTMNET

ENGINE 16

I shot this one of Engine 16 as it was leaving the scene,

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%200009-XL.jpg]

Dave
Clark County Fire Department

Engine 31

On scene getting ready to go back in service. This portion of Charleston Blvd, like all of it is very heavily traveled and even Emergency Vehicles have trouble making turns or getting through.

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%200008-XL.jpg]

Dave
Las Vegas Fire and Rescue

Engine 108

Was one of the first arriving units on scene

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%200010-XL.jpg]

Dave
Las Vegas Metro Police on scene of the fire.

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%20WM%200011-XL.jpg]

Dave
Las Vegas Fire and Rescue

Engine 1 in a 20xx Pierce Quantum (Engine 1 has been in a Snoozle for years but recently the Snozzle went to Engine 3 and I believe that Engine 1 is now using the 20xx Pierce Quantum that Engine 3 had.)

Engine 201 using a Spare 20xx Pierce Quantum (The Smeal is in the shop)

Truck 1 in a 2013 Pierce Quantum 100'

thanks for looking all.

[Image: 6-25-17%20E%20CHARLESTON%20FIRE%20WM%200012-XL.jpg]

Dave
Nice work brother. Love the black and white photo. 

Thank you for sharing 

Quote:Nice work brother. Love the black and white photo. 

Thank you for sharing 

Thank you. I love doing the black and white. I don't get many chances to get a photo with a lot of action in it. The last fire that I made that they were still on scene they were cleaning up and there was not any active firefighting.
Dave