Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentland FD: SQ 33 lost in a fire
Take this for face value, but someone on another forum that is a member of Kentland, to paraphrase, said don't expect the replacement to be a Seagrave.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
That's sucks but I understand. Would be nice to see something other then another AES special. But then too money talks
Quote:Take this for face value, but someone on another forum that is a member of Kentland, to paraphrase, said don't expect the replacement to be a Seagrave.

Trav!

Does this mean they have issues with the seagraves?
I took it as more of a cost thing, but I'm not sure to be honest...

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I guess we'll see what happens
Point: RS806 (former RS822) is about to be replaced by a 2015 Arrrow XT Heavy Squad. Can someone tell me why 806's former rig cannot be temporarily transferred to 33? We all know it can be adequately staffed by 33's members, just like their Rescue Engine. Perhaps it's time for the county to step up. 

Good point. Would be smart for the county to ensure that the squad is in service with adequate equipment and a great crew. Now if it's any thing like I am used to at work if it seems that smart to do the opposite will be done, haha.
The county occasioally provides Kentland with reserve squads depending on their availability. Currently they are using Bladensburg's reserve engine.
I wonder if they were planning to replace it anytime soon. I know the Jet is an '89 and much older, but both Pierces were 15 years old when Kentland replaced them. 

Quote:I wonder if they were planning to replace it anytime soon. I know the Jet is an '89 and much older, but both Pierces were 15 years old when Kentland replaced them. 

I was wondering the same thing but it seems as they do not have the funds to purchase a new one. 
They just placed an order for an Pierce Arrow XT Rescue Engine.

https://www.facebook.com/atlanticemergen...=1&theater
I'm surprised they are switching from roll-ups to swing-out doors.

Sweeet

They probably are getting tired of dirty compartments from roll-ups with the amount of time their rigs spend on the road. I have yet to see any compartments with roll-up doors stay clean..... and this is an issue when you have bags for EMS, RIT, etc... Not to mention other equipment with moving parts or connections. I fore see a lot of departments gravitating back to the swing open IMO.

Kentland Volunteer Fire Department New 2019 Pierce Engine 332