Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arnprior, Ontario, 2015-10-14
This afternoon, the Arnprior Fire Department was paged out for a structure fire in the downtown core on Daniel Street, for a fire reported at a welding shop.  The department has just placed its new pumper in service, a 2015 Spartan Metrostar/Arnprior Fire Trucks 1050 gpm, and this was its first fire, perhaps its first call!

The fire was reported around 12:30 PM but I was unable to attend until 3PM, when the bulk of the fire had already been knocked down. Exposure buildings were evacuated and at least one suffered smoke damage.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Arnprior's ladder in operation, it was flowing water as I arrived, but had been shut down when I reached the fire scene.

Final shot showing side 4

Cool pictures! Thanks for posting Smile

[color="#FF0000"]http://flickr.com/photos/srq2009/[/color]
A couple of questions.

1 - Why does one engine have red stripes and the other has blue stripes?

2. On the engine with blue stripes, what are those "patches"? on the hood?

Quote:A couple of questions.

1 - Why does one engine have red stripes and the other has blue stripes?

2. On the engine with blue stripes, what are those "patches"? on the hood?
1 - The new chief decided to switch to red stripes, 3 of their 7 rigs have red stripes and the other 4 have blue stripes.

2 - Those "patches" are to allow access to check the engine oil, coolant and so on, without raising the hood.  The department got a deal on this cab/chassis as it was originally built to be a snowplow, which makes it difficult to tilt the hood with a plow harness attached.
Nice Shots.

Thanks for sharing 

Quote:1 - The new chief decided to switch to red stripes, 3 of their 7 rigs have red stripes and the other 4 have blue stripes.

2 - Those "patches" are to allow access to check the engine oil, coolant and so on, without raising the hood.  The department got a deal on this cab/chassis as it was originally built to be a snowplow, which makes it difficult to tilt the hood with a plow harness attached.

Thanks for the clear explanations. Very interesting.