Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12/05/15 57 Heckel St. Belleville NJ 5th alarm
I took a quick trip down to north Jersey last week and caught this 5th alarm in Belleville.

12/05/15 Belleville, NJ - The second house fire in a week destroyed another dwelling in Belleville. Police officers arrived on scene to find smoke and fire coming from the second floor. The started evacuating the occupants of the first floor as firefighters arrived. The fire gained considerable headway as firefighters prepared to battle the blaze prompting transmission of multiple alarms for mutual aid. The second floor soon became fully involved as multiple hand lines and master streams worked to darken down the fire. Firefighters also used three ladder pipes to help bring the blaze under control around twelve thirty. Two families were left homeless, but no one was injured. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Attached Files Image(s)

We arrived shortly after the companies and were able to get good access.  The pd were really good to us.

Attached Files Image(s)

Belleville members stretch 2.5 lines down the street.

Attached Files Image(s)

A little fisheye lens action.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Newark came in on the second alarm.  They are only about a few miles away.

Attached Files Image(s)

More 2.5 hand lines are stretched as heavy fire vents the second floor of this two story omd.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:We arrived shortly after the companies and were able to get good access.  The pd were really good to us.
I do not want to be critical, but is that an electric line above the apparatus? Looks like its smoking pretty good around where it connects to the building and is about to give way...
Yes you are correct.  I just take the photos not Monday morning quarterback.  The building was not that well involved upon arrival.  Things went down hill on them.  The wire never gave way.

Real nice work! It's always nice to get good access.

Kevin
Visit my website Buffalo, NY Fire Photos
Visit my Zazzle store 

Nice shots!

Thanks for sharing

Quote:A little fisheye lens action.
Love the fisheye view!
Great photos thank you for sharing these.

Dave
Great pictures