Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston, MA-9 Alarms Box 6243-1141 Bennington St-3/15/19
I had hoped that many of the talented photographers that were at the scene would have shared their images, but it seems that this site is becoming more and more of an insignificance on the internet.  I have seen photos on social media from at least 4 photographers that are/were members of Firepics.

Just after 1500 on Friday March 15, 2019, box 6243 was struck for the roof of the New England Casket company, located at 1141 Bennington St. in the East Boston section of the city.  First arriving companies found fire showing from the roof of the almost block long structure and were quickly ordered off of the truss roof.  the interior companies were ordered out shortly thereafter.  The fire went to 9 alarms (the highest on the Boston running card) with many special calls, including 7 engines above the 9th alarm for brand patrol in the adjacent neighborhood.  Due to the toxicity of the smoke, a reverse 9-1-1 call was initiated to advise those in the area to evacuate.  It was a long afternoon for the BFD/BEMS/BPD as well as the many mutual aid companies that responded to help.

This is the only photo I was able to get.  It was during a very brief downtime during a torrential downpour that passed very quickly through the area.

I really hope some others share their stuff.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(03-17-2019, 07:35 PM)edburke Wrote: I had hoped that many of the talented photographers that were at the scene would have shared their images, but it seems that this site is becoming more and more of an insignificance on the internet.  I have seen photos on social media from at least 4 photographers that are/were members of Firepics.

Just after 1500 on Friday March 15, 2019, box 6243 was struck for the roof of the New England Casket company, located at 1141 Bennington St. in the East Boston section of the city.  First arriving companies found fire showing from the roof of the almost block long structure and were quickly ordered off of the truss roof.  the interior companies were ordered out shortly thereafter.  The fire went to 9 alarms (the highest on the Boston running card) with many special calls, including 7 engines above the 9th alarm for brand patrol in the adjacent neighborhood.  Due to the toxicity of the smoke, a reverse 9-1-1 call was initiated to advise those in the area to evacuate.  It was a long afternoon for the BFD/BEMS/BPD as well as the many mutual aid companies that responded to help.

This is the only photo I was able to get.  It was during a very brief downtime during a torrential downpour that passed very quickly through the area.

I really hope some others share their stuff.
It pisses me off to no end that members on here take great photos on some awesome jobs but fail to share them us. This is a great site, and I try to visit it daily; I just don’t get the logic of not sharing with other fire buffs on here.
Brand-new to this site as of today, but I was on scene and took photos/video. Always love seeing others' pictures, and figured I'd share. If it's allowed I'll link to the fire scene video in another post.