Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howie Smith's Maxims
[quote name='Wagon Master' post='211531' date='May 6 2008, 18:40 ']Howie,

Why did they lable it Forest Fire and Out of District ??[/quote]

Good question! At one time - the town of Wareham had FOUR seperate fire departments!

1.) The Wareham Fire District protected any area in town where there were fire hydrants.

2.) The Town of Wareham Out of District protected buildings where there were no fire departments hydrants.

3.) Wareham Forest Fire Department extinguished any woods fires

4.) The Onset Fire Department protected the village of Onset (which is still part of Wareham, but has their own fire department and post office).

It was that way for a long time. At one point, they combined the "Out of District and Forest Fire Departments" hence the wording. That eventually became just the "Town of Wareham Fire Dept" which was absorbed a few years ago by the Wareham Fire District. Today there are only the two fire departments: Onset and the District.
Trying to pump the trailer last weekend. Close, but never got it. We had FOUR lengths of 2-1/2" hard suction to reach the water source, so wether it was the long lay or dry gaskets - I'll have to try again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Christmas presents from my folks - Christmas 2008. Magnetic signs for the doors.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='Howie' post='269876' date='Dec 31 2008, 12:12 ']Christmas presents from my folks - Christmas 2008. Magnetic signs for the doors.[/quote]

Very nice Howie...
[quote name='Howie' post='269876' date='Dec 31 2008, 12:12 ']Christmas presents from my folks - Christmas 2008. Magnetic signs for the doors.[/quote]

yeah howie those signs are mint! thanks for having me along the other night!
Thanks guys... Unfortunately, you picked a slow night to ride. Right now I'm listening to L-1, E-2, D-1 and Sq-4 going to the 3rd alarm in Brookline...