Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1968 American LaFrance Pioneer
I've had this for a while now. This is how she looked in her hay day.... [url="http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index.php?act=findpost&hl=plymouth&pid=95490"]click here for the post[/url]

And when I got it...

Again...

After some elbow grease...

And after I hated the quartz lights.... Tom Bretz photo.. since I am too lazy to take pictures of my own rig.

thank god you took off that vector bar.
I'd like to throw it in the river... worse pieces of crap ever. The more computers they put in these lightbars... the more problems...
[quote name='cobywill' date='15 August 2009 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1250389078' post='329844']

I'd like to throw it in the river... worse pieces of crap ever. The more computers they put in these lightbars... the more problems...

[/quote]

Just an update - I have since sold this rig back to Plymouth #2... for the same price I bought it for. They are (attempting to... gulp) take care of it and give it a good home. I needed the cash as a little "buffer" and knew I'd have trouble storing it (I've relocated from PA to VA since getting hired by a career department in the Hampton Roads area.)

Hopefully once I get settled in, a few years from now I'll get to post a new acquisition.

Be safe.
[quote name='cobywill' timestamp='1276960494' post='388032']

Just an update - I have since sold this rig back to Plymouth #2... for the same price I bought it for. They are (attempting to... gulp) take care of it and give it a good home. I needed the cash as a little "buffer" and knew I'd have trouble storing it (I've relocated from PA to VA since getting hired by a career department in the Hampton Roads area.)

Hopefully once I get settled in, a few years from now I'll get to post a new acquisition.

Be safe.

[/quote]

What engine does she have in her? Seems 9 out of 10 ALF's of that era had 6V-53 Detroits in them. Thanks.