Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 1974 Mack CF
Several months back, I finally took the leap and bought my first Mack. Growing up, my father's department (Lancaster City, PA) used Macks almost exclusively - so I've been following the Bulldogs all of my life. This was the first Mack off the line in 1974. There was a Corgi model made of it, as well as a poster by Mack. I have the model, but I cannot find the poster for the life of me. If anyone knows how or where to find it, I'd be forever grateful. I'll post a picture of the poster in this thread.

This is a 5 speed, Maxidyne, with a 1000gpm 2 stage pump and a 1000 gallon tank. I believe that my main drain has a leaky seal, but she pumps great from a hydrant. It was in service with the Neptune Fire Department (Volunteers) in Richland, PA as Engine 33 and subsequently Engine 33-B.

The missing poster...

If anyone were to have pictures of this engine in action, I'd also love to see those. Thanks for looking, and I'll add some pictures as I get the rig into some shows.
Nice Mack. Welcome to the growing number of Mack owners in the Central PA area! Are you going to the Lebanon County Convention?
Congratulations on the Mack. Enjoy! Was this ever refurbished? Do you have the Serial Number? Mine was one of the last ones to come off the line in December 1972.
Nice looking ride.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Unfortunately, I worked the weekend of the Lebanon Convention. That's one I would have really like to have it in, since that's where it came from. But - getting switches for summer weekends can be kinda tough.

The serial number off this engine is CF685F1677.

Sometime, we should coordinate a regional Mack get together. I know a few of the other Mack owners in the Lancaster/York area as well!

Chuck - I almost bought the engine you have! Before it went up for sale, I talked to then Chief Sennft about it - and after it was up, I tried to negotiate with him too. I work for YAUFR (Springettsbury), and drove by the engine and truck sitting at the sewer plant all the time. I almost bought the truck too, twice actually. Just couldn't find anywhere to keep it!!
Volunteer2serve and Chuck Strouse

The East Petersburg Fire Company in conjunction with our 100th Anniversary is having a antique fire truck display on August 7th from 1-4 across the street from the station in the park you guys are more than welcome to attend with your rigs for more information e-mail me at chief@epfc23.com. Dash plaques will be distibuted and if you know of anybody else that would like to attend they are more than welcome.

Jamie Rohrer

Chief, East Petersburg Fire Co.
I am glad things worked out the way they did. We each got a nice Mack! We'll have to catch up at pump primers.

[quote name='Volunteer2Serve' date='22 June 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1277216410' post='388461']

Unfortunately, I worked the weekend of the Lebanon Convention. That's one I would have really like to have it in, since that's where it came from. But - getting switches for summer weekends can be kinda tough.

The serial number off this engine is CF685F1677.

Sometime, we should coordinate a regional Mack get together. I know a few of the other Mack owners in the Lancaster/York area as well!

Chuck - I almost bought the engine you have! Before it went up for sale, I talked to then Chief Sennft about it - and after it was up, I tried to negotiate with him too. I work for YAUFR (Springettsbury), and drove by the engine and truck sitting at the sewer plant all the time. I almost bought the truck too, twice actually. Just couldn't find anywhere to keep it!!

[/quote]
I will be at the beach that weekend.

[quote name='steamer2336' date='22 June 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1277244723' post='388551']

Volunteer2serve and Chuck Strouse

The East Petersburg Fire Company in conjunction with our 100th Anniversary is having a antique fire truck display on August 7th from 1-4 across the street from the station in the park you guys are more than welcome to attend with your rigs for more information e-mail me at chief@epfc23.com. Dash plaques will be distibuted and if you know of anybody else that would like to attend they are more than welcome.

Jamie Rohrer

Chief, East Petersburg Fire Co.

[/quote]
Ah; the Mack. I rode to many fires in her front seat.

PM me your e-mail, I know I have action shots of her; I just need to dig em out.

Chris
Had the bulldog out for the East Petersburg 100th Anniversary Apparatus Display. Pretty good turnout!