Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 1979 Hahn
1979 Hahn

Ex-Goshen Fire Co.

Ex-Hilltown Twp Fire Co

I purchased the Hahn July 2011.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good photos! Appears to be in good condition.

tHANKs
tHANKs
Real nice Hahn...good luck with it. Looks like you got some hose and appliances with it...excellent that they left bell, Q2B, etc....cool Mars light.

Everything operational mechanical-wise?

Is that the original Hahn body with a refurb, or a new body?

Thanks,

Gary
Thanks

I am not to sure about the body, I was told that the body was replaced by KME. But after talking to Bruce and the fire co, its there other Hahn that got the KME body which is was scraped. I am still unsure. The fire co wanted the bell so i swapped them with one i had and they gave me some hose. And the other items i picked up from local fire compaines wanting to move some old equipment. As far as operational it worked when they parked it. I have yet to flow water, but after the project mentioned below it should work.

The first project i started this winter,I thought it would be a good idea to polish up and get some items around the pump panel rechromed. Now I am repainting the whole pump and I have all of my pump panels off getting polished. And i am going to be rebuilding alot of the valves so i can pump it at Pump primers this year. Started off as a small project and it keeps getting bigger. I will post some pics of the clean up pump and what not tonight or tomorrow.
GOOD looking ride!! what's "under the hood"? Tranny a stick or auto?? pump/tank size?? have fun and enjoy her. my dept had 4 '79s and they were awesome rigs.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
Sorry Forgot to post that.

8V71 Allison auto

1250 pump/1000 tank
Nice ride! You going to any parades this year? Any events other then Pump Primers?
Also I see that you removed the lettering. Are you going to reletter it?
I had to remove the lettering per the fire co, don't know what to put back on..... I hope to go to Gibson road muster, wheaton village. looking for more events to go to.
Great looking truck. Good luck with it!