Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braun sold to Demers?
Heard a rumor the Braun ambulances in Van Wert, OH had been sold to Demers. Just wondering if there was any truth or just another rumor. I know both have been doing pretty good as far as getting some large accounts. I sold Braun at one time and have to say they have the cleanest plant I have ever been in. Thanks  

From a good source, they notified some customers of this yesterday.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Mr. Burke, Thanks. The info I had was pretty solid but you know rumors. I really hate to see a family owned company get "gobbled" up but that is the way of the industry. The Braun family was always very nice to work with. Hope Demers retains some of them. It will be interesting to see what happens

https://www.demers-ambulances.com/ambula...rs-merger/ Straight from the Demers site.

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Quote:Mr. Burke, Thanks. The info I had was pretty solid but you know rumors. I really hate to see a family owned company get "gobbled" up but that is the way of the industry. The Braun family was always very nice to work with. Hope Demers retains some of them. It will be interesting to see what happens

Demers still has family members running their business as well.  I think they get that and part of me wonders if this isn't a strategy to keep from being gobbled up by REV or something similar.  I think there is enough distinction between the two brands to keep both alive for the most part. 
I would have to agree it most likely is to fend off REV but I honestly thought it would have been Pierce since quite a few Pierce dealers also do Braun (I know some do Demers) and they have the Braun/Pierce Saber chassis ambulance deal. I wish them well.

Quote:I would have to agree it most likely is to fend off REV but I honestly thought it would have been Pierce since quite a few Pierce dealers also do Braun (I know some do Demers) and they have the Braun/Pierce Saber chassis ambulance deal. I wish them well.

I wonder if Pierce / OSK is still gun shy after the Medtec debacle some years ago.  Fire apparatus manufacturers (not conglomerates though I mean like a Pierce / ALF / Seagrave etc.) have a pretty bad track record when they get involved with building ambulances for whatever reason.  Interesting times in the industry for sure.

I'm sure this deal increases distribution for both brands, and will probably lower costs which is needed to compete with REV.

And over the last several years, at least in my area, I've been seeing fewer and fewer deliveries by Braun. But Demers has seemingly grown bigger, with large agencies such as Las Vegas and Phoenix adding several to their fleet.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
the state Gorvernment acquired couple weeks ago a big part of this business. Give the company unlimited money to buy anything.
I see Braun dropped Bulldog in New England but they still have Demers.

Stephen Taylor

Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Braun making some sales in northern Nj as well as Demers
EC Truck The Pride Of The Cliffs 
http://crestlinecoach.com/company/news/n...-263586889

The Braun-Demers marriage just became a threesome as they have announced that Crestline in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan has joined the group as of today.
Stephen Taylor

Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada