Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 PA State Fireman's Parade Photo Location Info
Hello all,

I am one of two photographers that have been put in charge of the photography for this years Pennsylvania State Fireman's Parade in West Chester on September 28. As some of you may know the photo area's in the past years have been shut down by judges and such. This year it will not happen, the posed photography area will be in the registration lot at 931 South Matlack Street in West Chester. I ask that if you are coming to the parade and would like to get posed photos that you allow myself to pose the rigs and shoot quickly so we can keep everything moving along. The registration begins at 6:30AM and goes until 11PM. I hope to see you all there!

Regards,

Dave Smiley Jr.

Nozzle Nut Photography- Photographer

Good Will Fire Company #2 of West Chester- Apprentice Firefighter

Feel free to message me with any concerns!

Dave

Thanks for posting this info. 

Adam

Adam Alberti

www.njfirepictures.smugmug.com

Lieutenant Passaic, NJ Fire Dept.

Past Chief Roxbury Twp, NJ Volunteer Fire Dept
Quote:Dave

Thanks for posting this info. 

Adam

No problem!
Where is a good place to sit with my family along the route. Somewhere easy to get in and out and get some decent photos? I know I'm asking for a lot but this is my first time attending a PA State Fireman's Parade.

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Is there a good area to park there, where we could possibly get out if we had to, or would we be pinned in there for the parade duration?  I'm looking forward to going, hopefully everything will work out that I can make it!!

Quote:Where is a good place to sit with my family along the route. Somewhere easy to get in and out and get some decent photos? I know I'm asking for a lot but this is my first time attending a PA State Fireman's Parade.

High and market street
Quote:Is there a good area to park there, where we could possibly get out if we had to, or would we be pinned in there for the parade duration?  I'm looking forward to going, hopefully everything will work out that I can make it!!

There's parking in the UPS lot across the street and you can get out whenever
Dave,

My antique registration email response from the Fame says that antiques should report directly to their assigned staging location and bypass the judging area the day-of as they will be judged "in line".

If this is the case, a lot of the photographers will miss getting shots of the dozen or so antuques registered (?)
Quote:Dave,

My antique registration email response from the Fame says that antiques should report directly to their assigned staging location and bypass the judging area the day-of as they will be judged "in line".

If this is the case, a lot of the photographers will miss getting shots of the dozen or so antuques registered (?)
Yes that seems to be the case, I'm sure you are allowed to stop by registration before you go though!
I'm looking forward to making it down!  Haven't been to a state convention since 2010...If the stars align right I will be there, camera in hand!
There's a great restaurant there named iron hill brewery that my family owns def recommend it
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
Registration was cut off at 360 trucks. Should be a blow out.

Reviewing stand is in the 700 block of South High Street in front of West Chester University's administration building, Phillips Hall.