Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot Recommendations
I was at the 4-11 last night and realized that I should invest in a pair of boots for when I'm on scene.  What brand do you recommend and what do you like about that brand versus other brands?  THANKS, folks!

American Red Cross - DAT Captain
Member 4-2-4 - 5-11 Club of Chicago

I use Warrington Pro (the old ones not the new ones from Honeywell) but my dept has recently gone to Globe leather boots.  Leather are more expensive but a heck of a lot more comfortable.

Globes are fantastic, but there are others that are great too.  I have an old pair of Rangers that are leather (believe they're Rangers) that I use when snow blowing. Word of warning, we had horrible luck with the Warrington's that were the 5000 series I believe.  These were the boots that weren't really leather but some sort of fabric outer surface.  Stay away from them, liners pull out, uncomfortable, etc.
Our dept uses the old standby rubber boots but I won a pair of Globe Supreme Pullups at FRI last month. The most comfortable fireboot I have ever been in. Are you wanting an actual fireboot or just a tactical style? I wear a pair of Under Armour Valsetz 8" tactical boots everyday, they are more comfortable than a tennis shoe, I have bad arches and with both of these styles I have yet to need my inserts.