Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Reference.com Forums
Shocked 
Yes, I know, it's someone else's board and I have no say in how it is run.

Why the hell can't the moderators over there mind their own business and let threads run their course?  It seems like the second something gets a little off topic the locked icon appears.

The most recent one ( https://forums.radioreference.com/unicat...-line.html ) was closed with the post:  "Not sure how this thread got to where it is, but the original question has been answered so I'm closing it to avoid further off-topic crap."

Well, it got there with a member of the manufacturing team of the particular pager in question making the statement that if people had a radio they would not have a need for their pager.  If they had taken a moment to dig through the thread, they probably wouldn't have thought about it as "crap" and seen where the discussion was heading and that it was actually productive.  Of course, more often than not, the moderators seem to be high on their power and close things based on who is posting or at the slightest mention of something that they feel threatened by.

I'm posting this after being in the middle of several discussions only to find a padlock when I was just starting to appreciate someone else's view or when I thought someone was starting to appreciate mine.  That is the purpose of a DISCUSSION forum, not to have it monitored and censored at the drop of a hat.

I would like to publicly thank the moderators here for allowing Firepics' vision that topics be allowed to wander and delve into areas that no one thought they would go into while addressing issues of threats and defamation when they pop up on rare occasions.  The visitors gain more from this than you know.   
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
So, I received this today

Here was my reply:

Amazing that even when you stay within their rules, they say you're wrong
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
They got after me because I sent them a talkgroup update and didn't say please. Said I wasn't being civil. Excure me but I'm a paying customer. therefore I am always right. Maybe I was in a hurry? I don't say please when I am handing out orders on the fireground, it's just business.
Thomas Whittemore

East Greenbush Fire District #3

LT. Fire Police

Air Pack Services

ex Safety Officer

ex Quartermaster

[Image: EGFD.png]

[Image: 095f5266ec.jpg]

[Image: ffxuser.png]

[Image: vol-fire.gif]
That is exactly why I let my membership expire. They are waaaayyyy too anal over there.
Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
I dropped my membership there a few years ago.. Same reason as Dickey said...
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Well I Replied to a Thread About Trump Going to NJ again---answering a post about his 4 Different Stops he was Making I Replied

No Wonder Our Debt is 21 Trillion for Him to Go Golfing every Week---or Close to that----Well Needless to Say It Got Erased Why I Dont Know

I Requested the Moderators Name Because a Post I Made to a Certain Area was Posted By Them in Another Area of the Forums----Well I Got Nothing but Backlash by the Usual Bullies and of Course Nothing Happens to Them
and Now we Cant even Put a Complaint in on them---Thats Bullshit we have a right to State or Complaints to Lindsey since its his site---not to Answer to these Clowns that want to hide behind the Keyboard and not let us know who it was and why
I'm really considering creating a radio based site where people can discuss things without the heavy moderation, or continue threads that are locked. The problem is that I will for sure get the dreaded "Banned for the Greater Good" if I even mention it there, so there's no way to let people know it exists.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Well i Got an Answer and a Warning for Thread Crapping---WOW Didnt Know that Existed--Meanwhile Everywhere on the Forums this Happens and i dont see them deleated--Hmmmmm Guess its who you Know----On top of that You Cant pm with a response

Note the Closing Response---{QUOTE}**(In the future, you can PM or email the Moderator responsible for the forum any questions you might have)**---How Can WE---They Dont PM US or Put Deleated the Post by ????----What are we Swamie Mind Readers

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

You have received a warning at The RadioReference.com Forums.

Reason:
-------
Thread Crapping

Your post was deleted because it added nothing useful to the discussion and would only attract political discussion which could potentially derail the thread.

In the future, you can PM or email the Moderator responsible for the forum any questions you might have.
-------

Original Post:
https://forums.radioreference.com/ne...ml#post2976761

This was my Quote on the Thread
Quote:
Nothing like wasting taxpayers money to go Golfing--No wonder why were 21 trillion in debt

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
The RadioReference.com Forums
All I can say is wow. The injured party, reporting a post containing bad information posted by another user that damaged his radio, as confirmed by a Uniden tech gets the warning

https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden...ds100.html

Just shows how in bed with certain members the moderating team is.

EDIT

I wish I had taken a screenshot. They deleted his post with the quoted warning
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
So,  the above referenced thread has been moderated with the deletion of at least 5 comments (one of them mine-completely innocuous in my opinion-only pointed out the apparent temporary ban of the OP).  The following post was made by a moderator:

How in the hell can the person who most likely did the sanitization of the thread say "all other conjecture or conspiracy theories are off topic"  The comments deleted specifically shape the topic to favor a poster who has a financial interest in Uniden's continued success, as more sales will, in theory, also lead to more sales for him.  Obviously RR has a lucrative contract with Uniden that Uniden's failure to warranty repair the OPs radio could make them appear in a bad light, and obviously they can't have that.  It also completely emasculates the original poster, who appears to be on a temporary posting ban and cannot defend his position.  If there isn't a conspiracy, transparency would be their friend.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Well Another One Shut Down By a Moderator Because it went a Little Off Topic

https://forums.radioreference.com/motoro...ost2983654
I have noticed that since I put up altradio.xyz (even with the little traffic it's seeing) the moderation doesn't seem as heavy-handed as it was when I started this thread.  Hopefully, the mere existence of an alternative has changed some of the behavior.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Guess Not--Amateur Radio Thread Shut Down with only 9 Replies

https://forums.radioreference.com/budget...freqs.html

And this One in the Rant Area

https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/...ts-rr.html

Read the Closing Moderators Posts
(08-07-2018, 06:16 PM)edburke Wrote: So,  the above referenced thread has been moderated with the deletion of at least 5 comments (one of them mine-completely innocuous in my opinion-only pointed out the apparent temporary ban of the OP).  The following post was made by a moderator:

This was my RR thread.. Still banned. Looking for a friendly community that does not let its other members and MODERATORS BULLY people who have issues with a certain BRAND..."UNIDEN AMERICA CORPORATION"
(08-06-2018, 06:00 PM)edburke Wrote: All I can say is wow.  The injured party, reporting a post containing bad information posted by another user that damaged his radio, as confirmed by a Uniden tech gets the warning

https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden...ds100.html

Just shows how in bed with certain members the moderating team is.

EDIT

I wish I had taken a screenshot.  They deleted his post with the quoted warning

Unfortunately was my post. Lost 800.00 on amazon as thier a-z guarentee does not cover FACTORY DEFECTS... and Billed return shipping and shipping back to my Credit card on file and was kindly told to Take up the issue with Uniden America Corporation.. Being a Disabled on fixed income AMERICAN how can a company like UNIDEN AMERICA CORPORATION do this to AMERICANS with thier cheap china designs.. OUT 800.00 because UPMans fanboy JonWienke told be to take a non bias Tee and connect 2 scanners directly.. Not informing me that the BCD996p2 lets out about 35vdc on an scan.. Or atleast mine did and Uniden rep said thats normal with no antenna hooked to it to get VDC spikes through the antenna port of the bcd996p2.. With the telescoping antenna I also get shocked if I grab say 1/2 way and adjust the length of it.. Its called static discharge. Something the Stridesberg multicoupler was stopping from backfeeding into the other scanners.. Now I have a FRIED sds100 that UPMAN says wouldnt get fried by hooking the 2 scanners up to a BNC T..   So yes I am another #metoo with the went deaf sds100 UNIDEN. and no way to contact tech support because I am banned from Radioreference.com which is the stated uniden tech support website in the manual..  How many others have been screwed with this junk SDS100.. lol and then Uniden emails me saying My Address cant be verified.. Well Duh I live on a private road with no mail delivery and they wont ship to the Post Office boc because its a LIpo Battery.. so I cant even try to sell that to get some of my money back as UNIDEN wont ship to po box but its HAS TO BE AN OFFICIAL MAILING ADDRESS non fpo/pobox
(08-07-2018, 06:16 PM)edburke Wrote: So,  the above referenced thread has been moderated with the deletion of at least 5 comments (one of them mine-completely innocuous in my opinion-only pointed out the apparent temporary ban of the OP).  The following post was made by a moderator:

How in the hell can the person who most likely did the sanitization of the thread say "all other conjecture or conspiracy theories are off topic"  The comments deleted specifically shape the topic to favor a poster who has a financial interest in Uniden's continued success, as more sales will, in theory, also lead to more sales for him.  Obviously RR has a lucrative contract with Uniden that Uniden's failure to warranty repair the OPs radio could make them appear in a bad light, and obviously they can't have that.  It also completely emasculates the original poster, who appears to be on a temporary posting ban and cannot defend his position.  If there isn't a conspiracy, transparency would be their friend.

Temporarily Banned?  I cant even log in and its says my email address since 2009 is not a registered email address.. I believe MikeOxlong has stolen my account which has my credit card information in it and address phone number everything... Radioreference will not respond to my emails about why my email address was changed by a site administrator and password as well..
Hydro12943 Wrote:This was my RR thread.. Still banned. Looking for a friendly community that does not let its other members and MODERATORS BULLY people who have issues with a certain BRAND..."UNIDEN AMERICA CORPORATION"

I have created https://www.altradio.xyz as a reasonably moderated alternative, but getting the word out without violating their TOS is the hard part.  Share it with your friends, start topics and hopefully SEO will improve to the point where it can stand on its own.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(08-05-2018, 03:15 AM)edburke Wrote: I'm really considering creating a radio based site where people can discuss things without the heavy moderation, or continue threads that are locked.  The problem is that I will for sure get the dreaded "Banned for the Greater Good" if I even mention it there, so there's no way to let people know it exists.

That's a good idea and you can do it
this site is very informative and helpful content.